Three Clever Ways to Add Storage Around a Refrigerator
Adding storage around a refrigerator can be a great way to maximize space in your kitchen. Here are three clever ways to do so:
- Install a sliding pantry: Installing a sliding pantry next to your refrigerator can be a great way to add additional storage without taking up too much space. A sliding pantry can be installed between the refrigerator and the wall, and can be pulled out when you need to access items. This is a great solution for storing canned goods, spices, and other pantry items.
- Use a tension rod: A tension rod can be installed on the side of your refrigerator and can be used to hang items such as dish towels, pot holders, and even small baskets. This is a great solution for adding additional storage without taking up any floor space.
- Install pull-out drawers: Installing pull-out drawers on the sides of your refrigerator can be a great way to add additional storage for items such as baking sheets, cutting boards, and other large items. This is a great solution for keeping these items easily accessible while keeping them out of the way.
By using these clever storage solutions, you can add additional storage space to your kitchen while keeping your refrigerator area organized and clutter-free.
You might also read:
Best Kitchen Appliance Brands For 2023
How can I do with extra space around my fridge?
If you have extra space around your fridge, there are several things you can do to maximize the space and make it more functional:
- Install a shelving unit: Installing a shelving unit next to your fridge can be a great way to add additional storage space. You can use the shelves to store pantry items, kitchen appliances, and other items that you need easy access to.
- Create a charging station: If you have electrical outlets near your fridge, you can create a charging station by installing a power strip and using it to charge your phones, tablets, and other devices.
- Use the space for meal prep: If you have a small kitchen, you can use the extra space around your fridge for meal prep. You can install a countertop or cutting board and use the space to chop vegetables, mix ingredients, and prepare meals.
- Create a mini bar: If you enjoy entertaining guests, you can use the space around your fridge to create a mini bar. You can install shelves to store glasses, bottles, and other barware, and create a small seating area where guests can enjoy drinks.
By using these ideas, you can make the most of the extra space around your fridge and create a functional and organized area in your kitchen.
How can I increase my fridge space?
There are a few ways to increase your fridge space:
- Use organizers: Use stackable bins, lazy susans, and fridge shelves to organize the items in your fridge. This can help maximize the available space by creating more efficient storage.
- Use the doors: The doors of your fridge can be used for storage too. Use door shelves for items like condiments, juice, or milk.
- Adjust the shelves: Most fridge shelves are adjustable, so make sure they are set up in a way that suits your needs. Move shelves up or down to create more space for taller items.
- Use clear containers: Instead of keeping food in their original packaging, transfer them to clear containers. This can help you see what you have and make the most of your fridge space.
- Keep it organized: Make sure to keep your fridge organized by regularly cleaning it out and throwing away expired food. This can help you see what you have and prevent overbuying.
- Consider a mini-fridge: If you have limited space, consider purchasing a mini-fridge to store extra items. This can be a great solution for small apartments or offices.
By implementing these tips, you can increase your fridge space and make the most of the available storage.
What do you hang on the side of a refrigerator?
There are several items that you can hang on the side of a refrigerator to make the most of the available space:
- Magnetic hooks: Magnetic hooks can be attached to the side of a refrigerator and used to hang dish towels, pot holders, and other kitchen items.
- Magnetic spice rack: A magnetic spice rack can be attached to the side of a refrigerator and used to store spices and herbs in small containers.
- Magnetic knife holder: A magnetic knife holder can be attached to the side of a refrigerator and used to store knives and other metal utensils.
- Memo board: A memo board or whiteboard can be attached to the side of a refrigerator and used to keep track of grocery lists, to-do lists, and other reminders.
- Magazine rack: A magazine rack can be attached to the side of a refrigerator and used to store cookbooks, magazines, and other reading materials.
These are just a few examples of items that can be hung on the side of a refrigerator. The key is to choose items that are functional, space-saving, and add value to your kitchen.
How do you put in cabinets above a refrigerator?
Installing cabinets above a refrigerator can be a great way to maximize storage space in your kitchen. Here are the basic steps for installing cabinets above a refrigerator:
- Measure the space: Measure the width, height, and depth of the space above the refrigerator. This will help you determine the size of the cabinet you need.
- Choose the cabinet: Choose a cabinet that fits the measurements and style of your kitchen. Make sure the cabinet is designed for installation above a refrigerator and has a solid back panel.
- Locate the studs: Use a stud finder to locate the studs in the wall above the refrigerator. Mark the locations with a pencil.
- Install a ledger board: Install a ledger board on the wall at the height where you want to install the cabinet. The ledger board should be level and securely attached to the studs.
- Install the cabinet: Have a helper hold the cabinet in place while you attach it to the ledger board and the studs in the wall. Use screws to secure the cabinet to the wall and the ledger board.
- Install additional cabinets: If you want to install additional cabinets, repeat the same steps, making sure the cabinets are level and securely attached to the wall and each other.
- Add finishing touches: Add finishing touches such as molding, hardware, and paint or stain to match the rest of your kitchen.
By following these steps, you can install cabinets above a refrigerator and create additional storage space in your kitchen.
You might also read: